Sunday, June 14, 2009

Good friends


The big sis


He doesn't look at all awkward


How cool are they?


Daddy took them to pose in front of two tractors. When I saw the pictures, I could not have told you they were two different tractors

So we are moving. We are lucky because we are in no hurry to leave. But I am busy. Thank goodness for friends and family. Doug's brother has donated two Saturdays to helping us. His wife came and helped me pack and clean when she should have been off having fun since her children were away. Many people have offered to help us pack and move. Yesteday two of my friends Marla and Christy spent hours cleaning the walls and baseboards. Marla held my baby so I could clean. I do not put my babies down, as many of you can attest to. So all of this has been very hard for me to do. How am I supposed to pack while holding a baby? I would have lost my mind by now if not for my great friends and family. I am very blessed. I honestly am very sad to leave because I love my neighborhood. There are many good friends like the Cowdells and Kleins and the Hams who love my children so completely. That's what a mom wants, to have her children surrounded by people who love them. Plus, I've turned a little anti-social being in my secluded neighborhood. When we go for walks, we may not see another person the whole time, except driving by in cars. Plus, I will have to clean my bathrooms for the first time in 2 years! I have loved Sandy our maid. Yes, I am spoiled. I have to leave my 2 acre backyard and patio area where my kids can ride their bikes! I am whiny and I apologize but thank you for letting me vent. Doug is very excited to move and to have projects. So I need to be excited.

Anna is getting pudgy. Doug loves pudgy babies. She does not look like a newborn to us anymore at all. We love her so much. She is so diferent from our others. She is adorable, not that our other kids were not adorable. She is fun. But she does not nap well. She has decided that midnight is an acceptable bedtime. But she sleeps well through the night. She only wakes up once or twice through the night, which is crazy for my kids. She will take catnaps through the day, which is a bit annoying. The kids try so hard to help me. I am so grateful to have kids that I actually enjoy.




Charlotte got her first haircut from my aunt. She stayed so still! She wanted it a lot shorter but I could not part with her beautiful long hair. So we just evened it out.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I'm sad your moving! I blame ya for not wanting to move. Look at me... I'm being spoiled by family too. :-)

alpinekleins said...

Thank you for stopping by yesterday. Hope it wasn't too crazy for you all, it's always a PARTY at our house as you've discovered!

We for sure will keep in touch after the move, we'll have to come by and visit you in your new place - exciting times!

Kristin

Joe Pratt said...

Moving? Will you still be the Burkes of Happy Valley? We are good neighbors so my wife and I agree you guys should move by us.

The Good Life: GMGE said...

Man, Charlotte sure looks grown up in her haircut pic!
Best of luck with the new house. You guys had it good for a while, but it'll be good to have your own place too.

Brittany Collier said...

You never said where you are moving to. Hopefully we haven't missed our opportunity to bring over some pizza. The little one is way cute.

Kathryn said...

Where are you moving?! I love the pics by the tractor, so dang cute.

Rayburn Family said...

Hope you're enjoying your new place and getting some sleep at night!

alpinekleins said...

Hello us again :)

I need a new address sometime soon, Karianne's wedding invites are going out this week.

((hugs))

Kristin