K, I promise I have excuses. I know it has been forever. We are moved in, though we have a room that we do not look at because technically I still need to unpack it. My grandma has been in the ICU. She had a kidney stone that caused a kidney infection. She is, miraculously, a lot better. My brother got married last Thursday which brought family with it. I will share some pics now. Ok, I just realized that Doug's computer has most of the pictures, so we will do this in two posts! 
Ben and his tractor. A side story, Grandma Donna bought the kids some erasers for school. Ben calls them his racers and tries to get them to go because they are racers. We keep trying to explain that they are Erasers and not racers, but they are still his favorite toy at the moment. 
Here are Anna and Taylor, only a month apart. He is the best little baby, but then again, so is Anna.
We spent the 4th with Doug's family. Aunt Diane hosted, and was a firework Nazi. We had the bare minimum fireworks because last year Justin burned his hand pretty good. The only people dissapointed by this were the adults, the kids could not have cared less. They loved Aunt Diane! 

I never thought I would love my 3rd baby so much. But I think now I realize and appreciate how quickly these stages end. She smiles almost the whole time she is up. She shows her gums she grins so big. She still sleeps well, which is a big plus. She loves to stand up, or sit up. No tummy time for her. Charlotte calls her Chubbers, which is cute because really, she is not chubby. Ben and Charlotte both want to get right in her face and speak so loudly. It drives me nuts! She is sweet and cuddly. She sucks her thumb occasionally and that is the darn cutest thing. Have you ever tried sucking your thumb? I tried it, it is not easy. Darn those teeth. 
We blessed Anna and my grandmother graciously offered to do the luncheon afterward. I am still kinda floundering with three kids. It's a lot. It's not necessarily hard, but it's consuming. Doug talks about being done with three and I don't blame him. I'm not done with three, but I get where he is coming from. 
Charlotte is the child I could not do without. She is so willing to help and wants to do the right thing. Though she does have a little bit of attitude. I know I should not get angry, since she gets it from me. She told me yesterday that she wants to be a boy so that she does not have to get her hair done. I told her I didn't like doing her hair any more than she likes to get it done. I am no good at it, I just don't want her to look mangy in public. 
Doug shaved his head and so we went ahead and shaved Ben's too. I regretted it immediately, but it's hair and it grows back. I love to rub his head. The kids and Doug will be going camping this weekend. I would go, except that Anna, like all my kids, hates the car and screams most of the drive. I could not stand it for 2 1/2 hours.
During the wedding ceremony my mother started to cry, as did some other family members. Charlotte was confused and so she started crying too. When asked why, it was because everyony else was. She loved all the attention she got there though
My little brother and his wife Ashley. He surprised her with a cruise for the honeymoon.
My daughter has got a crush on this guy here. We had him over for dinner last night and she just watched him wash dishes. She is smitten. She just grinned the whole time. By the way, who would not love a man who comes to your house and cleans the dishes? Ok, enough for now. Hope all is well with you guys!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Catch up
Posted by Lauren at 7:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love all the updates Lauren!! Your family is so beautiful and Charlotte sounds like she is a good helper like you were!!
I can't believe Jason got married!! Tell him I said congratulations and we will be thinking good thoughts for your Grandma.
Keep the pictures coming :)
Hello? I'm pretty sure you still haven't said where you moved to. Info please? :o)
such cute kids . . . such cute stories . . .sigh . . .
Kristin
Beautiful! We miss you up here. Glad things are going well for you.
Post a Comment