Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's started

I got my cerclage out last week and since then people seem to respond to my phone calls quicker. My mother in law starts out phone conversation with, "Is she in labor?" Even Doug is more antsy. I'm sure this baby won't come for a few more weeks, but it's funny to notice the change. Until my SIL was pregnant I never realized the excitement of wondering when a woman will go into labor. It's crazy fun wondering if they'll go into labor that day and I love that I get to be involved! So as annoying as it all is, I get it. Also, no matter how much your sister loves you, don't walk into a room and tell her "Oh my gosh you're huge!" I don't know what it is, but these last few weeks I have felt enormous. It doesn't help when other people agree with you. I've been measuring 2 weeks ahead for a month now. I want to think that means the baby will come sooner, but I know it doesn't work that way. At least though that helps me feel better about being huge. We've got the crib set up, the bags packed and the carseat all ready. Now it's just the waiting game. We still don't know what we're having. We've got a girl and boy take home outfit in the bag. Doug has not decided on a name yet, though he promises he'll decide before we leave the hospital. Anyway, that's the update.

2 comments:

A Forever Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Forever Family said...

Oh Lauren, I so did not know that you and Doug were expecting. What a joy! I have just been in my own world this past year, I guess I may have a good reason; but I ought to be a better friend with staying in touch. I received a church calling in my new ward and it has brought back a flood of memories. I am in the nursery. I haven't been in that calling since we lived in Spokane with you guys. As stressful as that calling was to have two of my children in there, I was greatly blessed to have your friendship. I so appreciated your help and patience with me. I guess one just doesn't seem to appreciate what they got until it is gone. I was never the best of friend for you at that time, but oh how much I look back and am so greatful to you and Doug. We really loved doing things with you guys. We hope that someday our paths will cross again, so that I can tell you in person what a wonderful person you are. Thank You Lauren, and much love to you and your family, and soon to be new addition. Please keep us informed with all your great news. Love, Tanya =)