Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanks




Thanks for all the comments. I really appreciate them and reminded me of those things I already knew or should have known

The kids before Church


We went up to the Delta Center and watched BYU play. All the kids cared about was the food which of course was nachos and hot dogs. Poor Anna was miserable. It was too loud for her





The kids went to Thanksgiving Point to see the lights, Santa and reindeer. But it was 5 degrees outside and they did not stay long.


Proof that yes, you can fit three carseats in the back of a camry.


So this may make me a dork but just this season I am really realizing that Christmas is not about the day, but about the time leading up to it. Both the kids cannot wait for Christmas, but by the time that day comes, everything is done. I hosted a thanksgiving at my house and it went fairly well. I am in charge of the food for Christmas so if anyone has any awesome recipes send them my way. Charlotte knows how to read now thanks to the Literacy center. Anna is crawling, though the only reason I know is because she is in a different place in the room when I come back. When I watch her, I would swear she is not moving. Ben has developed a fear for ghosts, though we do not know where it came from. Bedtime is an ordeal.

Here is Anna helping rake leaves! And by helping of course I mean eating



He is gonna kill me for this someday but I cannot resist. Something about the look on his face and the pose just kill me. The headband helps too


Anna loves to put all food in her mouth, and suckers are no exception. She really has the best smile. Every time I see it I have to grin back at her.

The kids want to pick her up and carry her all the time, which I am learning is normal. No matter how many times they drop her, they do not understand why I discourage it.



This fantastically beautiful picture was going to be my christmas card. Maybe next year I will be more on top of things. Thanks Kristin!
I know all I do is ramble in these posts, but I figure something is better than nothing!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that last picture. So sweet. Anna is getting so big! Now I can't tell who she looks like? She has a gorgeous look of her own.

alpinekleins said...

There's those cute kids - we've missed you tons! Hopefully we can get together once again after I insert another wedding in my life the next couple weeks:)

Kristin

alpinekleins said...

Where are you Lauren - nothing new at your house? I'm sure that can't possibly be true :)

KK

Julie Carlile said...

I love this picture Lauren, I have to admit that Charlotte is always so loving just like this picture shows.