Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The way Burkes vacation



I tried to take a picture of all three kids and this was the best I could get.


So we went on a vacation of sorts. I guess if you count driving 25 minutes away a vacation. We know how to party, let me tell you. We spent an extended weekend back where we used to live and had a fantastic time. I like our new neighborhood fine, but only because the kids have friends to play with. My old neighborhood was filled with people who spoiled my kids and really, how can you compare? Plus, they let me randomly drop in for a visit whenever it suited me. The people here have kids and their own busy schedules, darn them for having a life.
It's amazing how much stuff there was to pack for three days. It almost, almost made the trip not worth it.





Here is my sister in law with their baby, who has the biggest eyes and the best mohawk hair. We visited them on the way up too. Granted, they live just 15 minutes away and the number of times we get up there is disgraceful. Can I blame it on the screaming baby? No, I'm a bad aunt.


My grandparents have dress up clothes, which I have mentioned before, but we couldn't go up and not take a picture of all the family in their wigs. Where is mine you might ask? I forgot, lucky me.










Who is this man you ask? Oh only my kids' favorite person ever. This is Brother Klein.








And this is why they love him. He does this every time we come over. He jumps on the trampoline with them, swings them around and becomes their own personal jungle gym. I got to ride on a snowmobile for the first time the same day my kids did even.
All in all we had a great time with great food! Maybe next vacation we'll leave the county.


Anna prefers to be standing no matter what she is doing. She can take steps, as many as 8 at a time, but prefers mostly to grace us with her ability to stand upright. She now has three teeth and looks pretty dang cute.

The other day we braided Charlotte's hair and left it in for 3 days. You would not believe how much she loved it when we took it out. She looked beautiful and she knew it. She used to worry that people would laugh at her when she had her hair like this and I don't know why she thought that, but now she knows that it is way fun to have pretty hair.



Just a few random pics of my cute kids.

1 comments:

Shiela Lee said...

You need to plan a trip a little further than 25 minutes away and come see us!! I can't believe how big your kids are getting!!!