So I went to the dentist today. I have 9 cavities. I went less than a year ago and had 10. I could blame it on my 4 pregnancies and the nursing. But I choose to blame it on all the throwing up that has happened with those pregnancies. Who really wants to brush their teeth when it's going to make you throw up again? They all tell me that my teeth look really great, they are just riddled with cavities.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad I am not the only one whose teeth go kapooee after all the pregnancies. I have had some serious work done, many cavities,plus at least 4 root canals and a bridge or something. So consider yourself lucky that it is just fillings to be put in. I am actually dreading to go back to the dentist since I had Montey... I just don't want to know. Plus we have no insurance so I couldn't go anyways. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they stay normal until we figure out something for Eric and I. I have heard that it is a true fact that during pregnancy the babies take calcium that they need from the mother's teeth. What they need they take, which isn't that what we want a heathly baby right? The things us moms sacrifice...sheesh!!!
Oh, ugh, I'm so sorry! I can't even think about getting 9 cavities filled. They'd have to put me out completely.
*shudder*
So true. What is going to prevent cavities? Brushing and to be honest who cares how many cavities you have if you don't have to throw up. I wouldn't brush either if it was going to make me throw up. It is true though pregnancy is hard on the teeth, says my father-in-law the dentist.
Post a Comment