2 years ago today, ok yesterday... Yes, I'm going to pull a Shiela. After they took my cerclage out I dialated to 4 cm and stayed there for a few weeks. The doctor carefully prepped Doug for a home delivery. Doug was very freaked out. I had tested positive for GBS the pregnancy before and my ever cautious doctor wanted to treat me again. So we decided to go for an induction, which I was not super excited about. Just once I want to have a labor where I get to count my contractions and call Doug to tell him to rush to the hospital. I know, it'll never happen but that's always what happens in the movies. I was supposed to head to the hospital at 7 but got a phone call saying that too many women had gone into labor naturally (darn them) and they didn't have room for me. I was mad. I had everything planned and that ruined it. Luckily an hour and a half later they called me in. We got the two courses of antibiotics in and he broke my water sometime around 2:45. I got my epidural finally and by then I was at an 8. I pushed for 40 minutes because Ben's head was stuck on my pelvis. At 6:18 he came out. He, like Charlotte had breathing problems and had to be sent to the NICU for a few hours. We came home the next day.
When you ask Ben how old he is now he says good as if you have asked him how he is. He does not hold up 2 fingers yet but he knows he is 2. We had a family party last night where he was overwhelmed with presents. He did not know which gift to play with first. 
Yes, he has all 18 candles on his cake. He loves to blow out candles and two just did not seem like enough. 
Ben had a great birthday with balloons and donuts and trains and books and puzzles.

Charlotte was really excited about Ben's train set and could not understand why it was Ben's. Th whole day was understandably quite a struggle because Ben did not have to share right away. Thank goodness for naps. While he was asleep she spent the time playing with his toys.
We figured out the reason why Ben loves bananas so much. He actually calls them BENanas. 
Whenever we can't find Charlotte it's safe to say she's in her room putting this on! This is her ballet outfit she says.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Happy 2nd Birthday Ben!!
Posted by Lauren at 3:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Yeah! Happy Birthday Ben! I didn't realize he and Brayden were a year apart! I love all the candles, the BENnanas, and the ballet outfit! Kids are so fun and entertaining! I'm so excited you won the apron, you'll have to take a pic of it and show it off on your blog! ;)
Hooray, for Ben, Happy Birthday you Big Boy!! What a fun Party. We can't believe how big they are getting, holy smokes. How are you feeling Lauren, by the way?
Happy b-day!!! I love that he had 18 candles on his cake - you are the best mom ever. Why save that many candles for when the child is too cool to enjoy them :)
For a minute there I thought you were talking about THIS baby. You scared me. Happy b-day BEN!!! And Charolette looks gorgeous in her dress.
He's adorable! Ya for kids!!
I think they should be called BENannas, that is a great name!!!
We had our party on Sunday. I haven't gotten pictures up yet so you are way ahead of me!!
Happy Birthday Ben!!
"Ben"anas! That is cute!
That is so darn cute that he answers good to how old he is!
darling! simply darling!
Post a Comment