We had the wonderful opportunity to go boating with some friends of ours that we met back in Spokane, the Bradleys. Charlotte is friends with their little girl Nicole and her mom Marla is honestly the nicest person I know. 
Nicole's Dad, Jared, let Charlotte steer the boat with her. She felt oh so important. Plus, we didn't crash so that's always good.
Ben doesn't ever like to stay still so it didn't surprise us that every time they cut the engine Ben ran back to the end of the boat so he could jump off into the water. Ever fearless. He saw the girls diving and put his hands together like their so he could jump off. 
Charlotte eventually decided that the water wasn't too bad. Much to our surprise, her favorite part was tubing. She would have gone all day if we had let her. The whole time she asked to go faster and go back and forth over the badump (the wake) and she never got scared. She even sat all by herself. 
Ben got sunburned a little on his face, but luckily I got sunburned the worst. Charlotte and Doug escaped with little more than a tan.
Doug and Jared were bruised for days afterwards when Marla flung them off the tube. They flipped and hit the water twice before finally splashing in. Doug said it felt like he got hit by 2 by 4s. Marla and I managed to stay on our tube the whole time, though I bet that had more to do with Jared's kindness than our skill. We also got to kneeboard, though it wasn't half as fun as the tubing.
We're in the middle of a sickness. Both Ben and Charlotte have had fevers for two nights. But that didn't stop us from going to the Highland Parade where we picked up oodles of candy. Of course, we'll end up eating more of it than the kids, but that's the way it goes, right?
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Boating
Posted by Lauren at 3:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm surprised the kids took to the water so well...Nathan is a little leary of it still. He also had a strange fever thing going on...nothing worse than getting sick in the summertime, but they rebound quickly.
This looks like a lot of fun! It reminds me of the time we took the kids tubing and finally convinced Syd to go, and (of course, being Syd), we fell in before we ever got going! :)
So much fun! Hope that the kids are feeling better by now! Thanks for the update on Jamie, she said she was going to call, but I haven't heard from her. I'm just glad that she's alive and doing well. Tell her HI the next time to chat with her :) Thanks, Amber
I LOVE BOATING!!! I miss it so much! Do you remember when me you and Nicole went to Deer creek like our Junior year?? Wow, I miss it! I'm so glad you and your family had a chance to go, it's such a blast! Oh.. and sorry you got sunburned:(
How fun! I love tubing (and prefer it to kneeboarding too)! It looks like you guys had a blast! That's great that your kids were able to enjoy it so much.
We've thought about taking Addie boating but she is so not careful it makes me nervous. It looks like you guys had fun though. I like your background btw, do you do that digital scrapbooking?
Post a Comment