Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dinosaur Museum


We went to Thanksgiving Point's dinosaur museum the last Tuesday of the $2 deals. The kids had a good time, but it was definitely not worth the $8 or $10 it normally is. Well, I wasn't a big fan, but judging by all the pictures of dead dinosaur bones Doug took, I think he rather enjoyed it. I won't bore you with too many of those here. The above picture is Jaden, our ever energetic neighbor. He always makes sure the kids have more fun.


I'd love to actually see a turtle this big, so I was fairly impressed with this one.


Looking past the snot, it's a pretty cute picture, though I'm not biased. We somehow managed to forget the stroller so Ben spent half of the time on my hip. He is, though, much more outgoing than Charlotte. It's easy to love both kids because I love them both for different reasons. Charlotte is sweet and timid and nurturing, just like I was. Ben, on the other hand, is a ham and bold and runs into situations I would never try.

The whole trip took a little over an hour. Charlotte loved the star tunnel and the sandy water and Ben loved digging for fossils. I'm not sure how much they learned about the evolution of the earth, but I'm not worried!

4 comments:

Kent and TerriLyn said...

That looks like a boy who loves his Mama. Don't you just want to "goosh" him when he gives you that look? :)
TerriLyn

Amber said...

How fun! I love good deal activities. And that turtle is pretty awesome!
Hope life and work is going great!!
Take care!

aristacrina said...

I have to say that I don't think the dinasour museum is worth the price either. I took Sienna a few months ago and she wanted to play with everything that had nothing to do with dinosaurs or the museum. Haha, but maybe she'll enjoy it when she's older.

Elizabeth said...

You're definitely not biased! That's an adorable picture! I had to look for the snot!