Monday, November 17, 2008

Cerclage

I had my cerclage placed this morning. I was going to have it under conscious sedation (I would feel some pain but I would not remember it afterwards) but after I threw up at the hospital, they decided that was bad. I guess if I threw up while sedated I could get it stuck in my lungs. So I had to choose between a spinal and general anestesia. I chose general. I like waking up and having it all done. I was out of the hospital in 3 hours. Now start all the fun restrictions. No laundry, no picking up Ben, no baths, etc. I am 15 weeks now and hoping that the morning sickness will stop soon.

5 comments:

Tiphaine Brewer said...

I want something that will get me out of housework...:-). I hope all goes well with you...keep us posted!

Heather said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well for you.

Unknown said...

Good luck and call me if you need any help!

Shiela Lee said...

Ok, seriously - you need to update your blog more often!!

You're more than 25% done! It's a pain to be down - it's hard on you, the kids, Doug...but it's worth it. I know you know that - but it helps to be reminded now and then.

Let me know when you decide to move home to a real doctor and I'll pick you up at the airport! :)

Kathryn said...

Lauren!! You are an amazing woman, do you know that?! You truly inspire me and I just adore you. Please let me know if I can help with anything. Oh, and I'd totally add you to my blog, but I don't really have one anymore. I only use it so I can post comments on other peoples:) I figure my life is pretty boring right now with no kids and no husband! haha.