
This was one of the first snows of the season. The kids loved it. They played out there for a good half hour, just running around. Now there's much more (though nothing compared to Spokane, I know) so it's harder to run around. Though Ben does love to put his boots on and tromp around until his hands get too cold from all the snow eating. 
Ben is big into legos lately, plus I just think this is a funny picture. He will play all by himself, something Charlotte just started doing as well. Charlotte loves to get dressed up in her ballet outfit (a church dress and tap shoes) and take her baby to the store. She enjoys changing her clothes multiple times a day.
Here she is with her baby, one of the many. 
Doug and the kids love to go sledding in the backyard. I'm not technically on bedrest yet (it helps that my dr hasn't checked anything since the cerclage was put in) but I figure that sledding is one of those no nos anyway. My ultrasound got postponed cuz of stupid insurance. I will be having a drs appt on Tuesday and my ultrasound on Wednesday. I have an appt with a different doctor but I could not get in til the middle of January so we will see. 
So forgive the picture of a picture but I thought it was worth showing. We went and waited for a half hour to meet Santa but I'm cheap. I wasn't going to pay 20 bucks for a single picture. Ben had smashed his head into the corner of the chest of drawers and it started gushing blood. The first bandaid I could find was blue and he would not let me take it off. So off to see Santa we went. One of Santa's elves tried to get me to buy a picture to commemorate the bandaid, but I still wouldn't do it. So she gave it to me for free so that I could scrapbook it. I didn' t have the heart to tell her I don't scrapbook. Blogging is scrapbooking, right?
Christmas was great this year because Charlotte really understood what was going on. We spent much of our time going from house to house. It's weird to have so much family around. Charlotte and Ben sure love having so many people to love them. We got to have dinner with my father, then dinner with my grandparents and Mom's family, then dinner with Doug's family and then breakfast with my family. Bob and Donna (Doug's parents) were here for a few days and the kids just love them. We did not spoil our kids too much this year, but my family did. 
This isn't the best picture, but we had a Burke family pig out and Grandma Donna got Hannah Montana costumes for the girls and pirate costumes for the boys. The girls loved singing Christmas sons for the crowd. I was still working out the red eye on the camera and all the kids have blue eyes. We sure enjoyed seeing so much of our family lately. I hope you all enjoyed this Holiday season, even if you did have too much snow. 
Here's a picture of the whole Burke Family pig out. I've got my pregnant fat face stated, I know, I shouldn't whine...... Aunt Debbie in the middle is also pregnant after many struggles. I honestly could not be happier for them. It helps that we are only six weeks apart so my baby has a close cousin. But still, we are so excited!!!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Merry Christmas
Posted by Lauren at 8:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I know Nathan enjoyed meeting his cousins.
Post a Comment