Wednesday, December 31, 2008

We're having a....

Yeah, I don't know. Doug and Donna know. Anyone wanna take bets on how long that will last? I am actually enjoying it so far. It's only been 6 hours, but still. I know Doug will slip up. My cervix looked long and closed. Here's a tip for any of you trying to increase your cervical length for an ultrasound. Have a full bladder. For some reason, it adds length, albeit fake length, to your cervical length. It measured 4 cm. I'm not sure my cervix has ever been that long, which is why I believe the bladder thing. So far no bedrest, so for that I am grateful. I really like my perinatologist, so if somehow he wants to be my OB, that would work. Ha, I know. The baby looked healthy, which is always a huge sigh of relief. I wish any of my doctors would ever have the same answers to my questions. I get to have another ultrasound in a few weeks when we reach viability!

4 comments:

Shiela Lee said...

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Sure, I'm thrilled that everything is going so well. That truly is a blessing and I'm so happy for you!

But COME ON! Donna knows! Are you really going to make me call her? (You know I will!) Have Doug email me!

Congratulations! (Still room here at our house if you need to come home to a good OB!)

Unknown said...

How can you stand not knowing??? I want to know and I'm not even prego. So glad that things are going well.

A Forever Family said...

We think that you're having a girl. And hey you should name her Tanya. =)
Gosh are you feeling ok? Have those contractions slowed a bit? We will keep those prayers going your way. We love the heck out of you guys!!!!

Kathryn said...

As soon as you know, I want to know! I'm so happy thing are going well, and I pray it continues to do so!