Announcing you're pregnant when you already have 3 little kids is a lot different than your first. Instead of "congrats" you get a lot of "was this planned?" and "Was it an oops?" The guys at Doug's work honestly thought he had to be kidding. I wouldn't be so shocked if we didn't live in Happy Valley, but man, this 4th kid seems to be a big deal. Charlotte is so excited. I took her to my ultrasound at the hospital when I was around 12 weeks and didn't tell Charlotte why we were there. When Mindy put the wand on my tummy Charlotte asked with a smile, "Is that a baby?" She was thrilled. She wanted me to tell everyone right away and anytime we saw a neighbor she made me tell them that I was having a baby. The best part is that awkward are you fat or are you having a baby stage? You know the neighbors are giving you strange looks. We had our ultrasound today and baby looks healthy and measures right on track for a 21st of December delivery. We are trying not to find out what it is. I say trying because due to circumstances out of my control my mom was in the room at the ultrasound and I'm pretty sure she knows. We'll see how long it lasts. My cerclage is in place and my cervix is holding up pretty good. Here's to keeping this baby in til December!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congratulations! I had no idea! I guess I haven't talked to you in a while...you're better than I am. I already know that I wouldn't be able to last until I had the baby to find out what it was.
I haven't gotten those looks yet, but it's mostly because my family doesn't know. It is exciting! You are much more patient than I about not finding out. I already know I wouldn't be able to do it. :)
Congrats! I tried to text you forever ago when Mindy told me but I'm not sure if you got it or not. It was a VERY early morning text. :-) Hope you are feeling well.
Congrats! WE're super excited for your fam!
Lauren!! Congratulations woman! Even on your 10th baby I will always still say Congratulations because it is AWESOME! You are my hero. Seriously.. I wish I had pretty babies like you :)
Ok so A.)when have you ever been fat? pretty sure anyone who knows you knew you were expecting if there was even a question. And B.) congratulations! :o)
Post a Comment