Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Nothing like a little trip to L and D

to help put things in perspective. The last few days have been challenging with Ben. I had my appt with my new doctor today. I liked him and the office. It reminds me of my old office. He was attentive and understanding. He was also personable. His nurse was really kind too. All in all I am happy with my decision. I had a hard time getting Ben to sleep this afternoon which was not what I needed, especially since I was cramping. I laid down for a while and nothing changed so I called my new doctor. He suggested I head on down to L and D. By the time I got there the cramping had pretty much stoppped. They did a FFN test, which was negative. And they couldn't really find a cause for the cramping. I am ok with that. I stayed 15 minutes extra and had my ultrasound with the perinatologist. My cervix is still long and closed, believe it or not. It's weird to have my body being so cooperative. I didn't realize how much I had taken it for granted until I was driving down to the hospital. Things can change in just an hour. I am really grateful for it though.
While I was in Labor and Delivery I realized that I was bothered by the fact that the staff and nurses kept going on with their lives, talking about mundane irrelevant things. It seems like their lives should hang in the brink like mine did. I know that's unfair, but oh well. Anyway, things are good. I am very lucky that things ended the way they did.

8 comments:

Shiela Lee said...

I'm glad you like your new doctor - and I'm glad he sent you to L&D...b/c you know that's what your old doctor would have done, too! lol Take it easy!! And keep the updates coming...

Unknown said...

Glad everything turned out good!

Anonymous said...

That's so good to hear bout your new doc and I'm SO glad to hear that you and the baby are ok!

Lynanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynanne said...

How scary, but what a relief that you are feeling better! I'll be sending lots of happy, good-behavior-for-Ben, thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!

alpinekleins said...

Hee hee! Thanks for stopping by and the comment - although I must add an "expectant spring chicken" - ha! You all come visit soon!

Kristin

Rayburn Family said...

So happy that your body is cooperating and everything worked out. Here's to an uneventful rest of the pregnancy! :-)