Sunday, February 22, 2009

This and That

Here are some pictures. No particular order.
The kids were showing me different emotions. Can you guess this one?
How about this one?

One more The kids made their crowns and were proud to call themselves King Ben and Queen Charlotte


Here is the letter X, their favorite one.

C for Charlotte. We couldn't figure out B for Ben

This one is just kinda creepy.

It has finally be warm enough to go outside the past couple days. Man, have we enjoyed it. Ben received a bike for Christmas but has seemed to have forgotten how to pedal so he scoots around on it.

Although not a very good picture, this is Charlotte's new party dress. She has worn it three days in a row. I, being the mom that I am, don't care. She talks about how beautiful it is. She loves how it flows out when she spins. I guess I should edit to add that Charlotte does not blame Mickale for things that she does wrong. Charlotte just explains imaginary scenarios where Mickale has done something wrong. It shows that she knows what is wrong, at least. She tells the oddest stories. The other day Mickale has lost the bones in her arm and had taken the bones from her unborn baby brother to fix her own arm. I don't think Charlotte realized that that would be an unkind thing to do. But it really is funny what she comes up with. Her other friend is named Potty. Again, no idea where that comes from.


Last but not least is a video. It's a little dated as they are singing Jingle Bells, but I love listening to them sing together.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the video and so impressed with Ben singing. Peyton is just now starting to sing a little.

The Good Life: GMGE said...

I love your cute kids! They are growing up so fast. Maybe we should have more work parties so that you'll have an excuse to come visit.

Elizabeth said...

OH my goodness! Your kids are so cute! I love the crowns, the body paint, and the singing! What fun children! And sorry...I don't how much I can help you in your name dilemma, but here are some thoughts. I didn't even hear the name Brayden until we started looking at names. It was the first name Joe and I both liked, but I was hesitant, because I hadn't heard it before and it seemed more modern and is becoming increasingly popular. We had a few other names that we were thinking of too, but we both really liked Brayden and when he was born we thought he "looked" like a Brayden. Some people do family names, but Joe and I are both the youngest and it seems like all of the good family names are already taken by his cousins. We may do family names for middle names, but I think as long as the meaning fits the person and has a special significance to you, then it's great! Brayden means brave, and he was born 5 weeks early. When we were officially deciding on his name, I thought it should be Brayden because he was so brave to come to earth at this time and especially in a tiny little body. We chose James as his middle name because I love the sound of it together. It's a family name (although Joe isn't too fond of his uncle Jim or James, so we decided if anyone asks, it's James after the Apostle James E. Faust....one of our favorites who was one of the first missionaries in Brazil, which is where both Joe and I served missions. Joe contemplated Joseph as a middle name, but I didn't think it sounded good, and I didn't want one son to feel more special because he had his father's name... I'm all about children having their own identity...Well, those are my thoughts. Enjoy! And good luck deciding on a name! I can't believe you still don't know the gender! I couldn't handle that suspense! ;) Way to go!